Friday, February 12, 2010

Brown Butter Roasted Brussels Sprouts

Found this recipe on "Cooking with Amy" the other day and decided to modify it to suit my own tastes. I love brussels sprouts, but you have to cook them the right way or else they get icky. Usually I chop them and saute them in a little olive oil and salt for about two minutes, but I think I now have a new favorite preparation method.

2-3 cups brussels sprouts
2-3 tablespoons butter
salt & pepper

First, preheat the oven to 425. Chop the sprouts in half lengthwise. Heat the butter in a saucepan until it melts and then browns. This takes a couple of minutes. Remove from heat and toss the sprouts in the butter with some salt and pepper to taste. Spread the sprouts out on a baking sheet and roast for 5-7 minutes, or until they are beginning to brown.

They should be tender and crisp and not burned when done. They should taste like the outsides are roasted but the middle is just barely steamed. So good! I could eat these all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment